Personal Injury Lawyer
As your trusted Oakland, CA personal injury lawyer knows, it is crucial that you be careful when you speak with an insurance agent following an accident of any kind. This can be a time when you feel at your most vulnerable. You may be recovering from your injuries, still dazed by the trauma of the accident, and attempting to pick up the pieces. When this happens, insurance companies often like to take this as an opportunity to swoop in and get as much information as possible from you. Especially if you are not used to speaking with insurance agents, you may think it is thoughtful that they are calling and checking in on you. However, when you speak with an insurance agent, they will use what you say against you to try to lowball you when it comes to your claim. When you need help with speaking with insurance agents, give Siegal & Richardson, LLP a call.
Why should you know what to avoid saying?
When you want to maximize the compensation for your claim–and minimize your liability–it is crucial that you understand what you should and shouldn’t say to insurance agents.
- Don’t apologize. This can feel difficult because many people feel the need to say “I’m sorry” even if the blame isn’t on them. It’s often seen as a polite thing to do and you may feel the need to say this so you don’t feel like you are inconveniencing the insurance agent for their time. However, it is imperative that you do not admit fault of any kind.
- Don’t speculate about the accident. Speculation and assumption will get you nowhere when it comes to the accident and it only makes your case look weaker. You should stick with the facts of the accident but give as little information as possible.
- Avoid giving a recorded statement. Insurance agents might make it seem like you are required to give a recorded statement or that you are under some kind of legal obligation to do so. Your Oakland personal injury lawyer knows that this is not the case and you should not give a recorded statement without directly speaking with your lawyer first.
- Don’t talk about your history. It’s important that you keep information close to your chest. You should not go into your medical history with the insurance agent and you shouldn’t discuss any previous injuries you may have that the accident could have exasperated.
- Don’t talk about your finances. If you seem like you are desperate for money, the insurance agent will use this to give you a lowball offer that seems like it will take care of all of your problems. However, most first offers are too low to take care of all of the financial issues you may face because of your accident and it would be prudent to avoid talking with them altogether about your finances.
Find Legal Help Today
When you are ready to file your claim, it is crucial you get sound legal advice. Reach out to Siegal & Richardson, LLP to speak with a rusted Oakland personal injury lawyer for help now.
Personal Injury Claims: Your Path to Compensation and Justice
An Oakland, CA personal injury lawyer understands that personal injuries can happen suddenly and disrupt your life in numerous ways, from physical pain and emotional distress to financial burdens. When these injuries result from the negligence or misconduct of another party, you have the right to seek compensation through a personal injury claim. Siegal & Richardson, LLPis here to guide you through this challenging process and help you secure the justice and compensation you deserve.
Understanding Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claims encompass a wide range of cases where an individual has suffered harm due to another party’s negligence or wrongful actions. Common types of personal injury cases include:
- Car Accidents: Accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians are among the most common personal injury cases.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These cases involve injuries sustained on someone else’s property due to hazardous conditions or negligence.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical professionals can be held accountable for negligence that leads to injuries or worsens a patient’s condition.
- Product Liability: Manufacturers can be liable for injuries caused by defective or dangerous products.
- Workplace Accidents: Employees injured on the job may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and may also pursue third-party personal injury claims.
Proving Liability in Personal Injury Cases
In personal injury claims, proving liability is essential to securing compensation. To succeed in your case, an Oakland personal injury lawyer typically needs to establish the following elements:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating that the responsible party owed you a duty of care to act reasonably and prevent harm.
- Breach of Duty: Showing that the responsible party breached their duty of care through negligence or misconduct.
- Causation: Establishing a direct link between the responsible party’s actions (or lack thereof) and your injuries.
- Damages: Providing evidence of the physical, emotional, and financial damages you have suffered as a result of the injury.
The Role of an Experienced Attorney
Navigating a personal injury claim can be complex, especially when dealing with insurance companies and legal intricacies. Here’s how an experienced Oakland personal injury lawyer can assist you:
- Case Evaluation: Your attorney will review the details of your case, including medical records, witness statements, and expert opinions, to determine its strength.
- Evidence Gathering: Your attorney will collect evidence to establish liability and calculate the extent of your damages.
- Negotiation: Your attorney will negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company to seek a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Litigation: If negotiations do not result in a satisfactory resolution, your attorney is prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights before a judge and jury.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Siegal & Richardson, LLP has a proven track record of successfully representing personal injury victims. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that personal injuries can take on individuals and their families. We are committed to providing compassionate support and aggressive legal representation to secure the compensation you need to recover and move forward.
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence or misconduct, don’t hesitate to reach to schedule a free consultation with a dedicated Oakland personal injury lawyer. We’re here to listen to your story, answer your questions, and provide the guidance necessary to pursue justice and compensation. Contact us today and let us help you on the path to recovery and resolution.