Brain Injury Lawyer
If you are trying to file a brain injury claim, it is crucial that you do so with the help of a trusted Oakland, CA brain injury lawyer from Siegal & Richardson, LLP. Often, victims who file injury claims after a brain injury accident realize too late that the insurance company they are working with is employing different tactics to protect the interests of the insurance company and not the victim. Though not every insurance company will use the same tactics, it is important to have an eye out for what may happen so that you can begin your claims process prepared. Reach out to our office when you are ready to move forward with your claim.
What kinds of tactics will insurance companies use?
It is crucial you know what to look for when you start working on your claim. You want to ensure you can be prepared and that you have a lawyer by your side from start to finish.
- They might deny liability. When you start your claims process, you may get an insurance agent who just outright denies liability for your injury claim. This can happen even when there is very clear evidence or when it is obvious that their policyholder was negligent. It is not personal. If you expect that they will do this, it won’t surprise you and you can move on quickly.
- They might delay things. Typically, insurance companies like to use the tactic of delaying the claims process. Your Oakland brain injury lawyer knows that when they delay things, it can cause you to feel frustrated and it can add financial pressure on you. This means you may be more likely to accept a quick and low offer.
- They may dispute your medical evidence. You would think that medical evidence is pretty good evidence, right? How can it be disputed? An insurance adjuster will find a way. They might challenge the validity of this evidence and they may even try to hire their own medical experts who may have contrary opinions on the kind of treatment you have, how long the treatment is needed, and what caused your brain injury.
- They may offer you a very low settlement. An insurance agent may try to get you on the phone (especially without a lawyer) so that they can tell you how good their offer is. If you are unfamiliar with how much compensation you need for your recovery, you may think you are getting a great deal. You are not obligated to accept their offer and the best thing you can do is speak with your lawyer about the offer to see if it is fair.
- They may request excessive documentation. They may ask you for so much documentation that you begin to feel overwhelmed and like you are unable to manage the claim. This can cause you to feel hopeless and it may even cause you to miss deadlines. This is one of the reasons it is crucial to have a lawyer by your side throughout the process.
When you are ready to move forward with your brain injury claim, trust the lawyers at Siegal & Richardson, LLP. Reach out to our office to speak with our Oakland brain injury lawyer now.
Understanding the Impact of Brain Injuries: Seeking Legal Help
An Oakland, CA brain injury lawyer understands that traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have life-altering consequences, affecting not only the victim but their entire family. When these injuries occur due to someone else’s negligence or misconduct, pursuing legal action becomes a crucial step toward obtaining justice and compensation. Siegal & Richardson, LLP. is here to guide you through the complexities of brain injury cases and help you secure the support you need.
The Different Types of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can vary in severity and may manifest differently based on the type of injury. Understanding these distinctions is essential when dealing with brain injury cases.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): These are typically caused by a sudden blow or impact to the head, such as in car accidents, falls, or sports-related incidents. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe, life-threatening injuries.
- Acquired Brain Injuries: These injuries result from non-traumatic causes, such as stroke, infections, or tumors. They may be caused by medical conditions or external factors.
- Closed Head Injuries: Injuries where the skull remains intact are referred to as closed head injuries. These can still result in significant brain damage due to the force exerted on the brain inside the skull.
- Penetrating Head Injuries: Penetrating injuries occur when an object breaks through the skull, directly impacting brain tissue. These injuries are often severe and require immediate medical attention.
The Consequences of Brain Injuries
- The consequences of a brain injury can be profound and may include:
- Cognitive impairments, such as memory loss and difficulty concentrating
- Physical disabilities, including paralysis or loss of motor skills
- Emotional and behavioral changes, such as mood swings and depression
- Communication difficulties, including speech and language impairments
- Chronic pain and headaches
- Diminished quality of life and independence
Pursuing Legal Action for Brain Injuries
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, it’s crucial to consider pursuing legal action. Here’s how an Oakland brain injury lawyer can assist you:
- Case Evaluation: Our experienced attorneys will carefully assess the circumstances of your injury, gather evidence, and determine liability.
- Expert Consultation: We work with medical experts and neurologists who can provide insights into the extent of your injuries and their long-term impact.
- Establishing Negligence: To build a strong case, we must establish that another party’s negligence or misconduct led to your brain injury.
- Calculating Damages: We will assess the physical, emotional, and financial losses you have suffered due to the brain injury, including medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Negotiation and Litigation: Our goal is to negotiate a fair settlement with the responsible party’s insurance company. If negotiations are unsuccessful, we are prepared to take your case to court to seek the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Our dedicated attorneys understand the immense physical and emotional toll that brain injuries can take on victims and their families. We are committed to advocating for the rights of those who have suffered traumatic brain injuries and ensuring they receive the support they need to recover and adapt to their new circumstances.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, don’t hesitate to reach out to Siegal & Richardson, LLP. for a free consultation with a seasoned Oakland brain injury lawyer. We’re here to listen to your story, answer your questions, and provide the guidance necessary to pursue justice and compensation. Contact us today to take the first step toward recovery and resolution.